[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.8.1 released

Michiel Roos typo3 at monosock.org
Tue Nov 15 10:12:56 CET 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 19:59:16 +0100, Ingo Renner wrote:
> I have a question:
> Is there a reason why the packages contains the complete TYPO3 source
> instead of the changed files only? This would reduce the size for the
> Windows package for example to only 2.1MB - even less fo Linux packages.

Hey Ingo,

One of the reasons the package contains the whole source is that us Linux
users can just untar the package and relink our typo3_src link to the new
source dir. If we're not satisfied we can easily switch back to the
previous version just by changing one link.

This is very convenient.

Besides that, the distribution via sourceforge is great. I was able to
pull in a package to the server @ > 2 Mbit speed yesterday :-).

Cheers,

Michiel Roos