[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.8.1 released

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Nov 14 22:55:53 CET 2005

Ingo Renner wrote:

> I have a question:
> Is there a reason why the packages contains the complete TYPO3 source
> instead of the changed files only? This would reduce the size for the
> Windows package for example to only 2.1MB - even less fo Linux packages.

I think it would be rather confusing than helpful. People who start with
TYPO3 _now_ would have to download 3.8.0 and the 3.8.1 upgrade.

Alternatively, there would be two 3.8.1 downloads which is even more
confusing than the already existing tar.gz and zip versions.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out