[Typo3-dev] indexed_search - Performance Issue Questions

Christoph Moeller moeller at network-publishing.de
Mon Nov 14 16:24:08 CET 2005

Hi Micheal,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
>>- No simple way to really block indexing of access-restricted pages (so
>>not even page titles are shown if not logged in)
> This has been changed in CVS a while ago. By default, 4.0 will skip
> forbidden records.

Very cool :-)

>>mnoGoSearch or DataParkSearch (mnoGo fork) seem to be the only OS
>>search/indexing engines that are capable of indexing UTF-8 content,
>>ht:dig fails because of this.
> I think there is no recommendable alternative to indexed_search in
> combination with access-restricted content.

Right. In our case the main requirement was "don't show restricted
content AT ALL, not even page titles". So it'd be fine to have a search
engine that would just index the regular non-restricted FE output
without any possibility to search the restricted content, plus having
one index/engine to search more than just one TYPO3 site, but also other
(static) websites.
We'll post any news on mnoGo right here.

Thanks for your comments & cu soon,
Chris