[Typo3-dev] indexed_search - Performance Issue Questions

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Nov 14 14:34:56 CET 2005

Hi!

Georg Kuehnberger wrote:
> Questions:
> ============
> - indexed_search - Tuning:
>     Does/Did anybody experience similar performance-issues with
> indexed_search in general; not within the indexing-process though the
> search and especially the above mentioned function & how did you solve
> them?

Never had such problem...

> - mysql-tuning  - Tuning:
>     Does/Did anybody experience similar performance-issues with mysql &
> indexed_search or mysql & TYPO3 and is willing to share his tuned
> mysql-configuration? ( btw, guess we should aggregate
> TYPO3-mysql-performance information even aside this recent issue )

mysql settings highly depend on your system configuration, there is no
universal solution. You can start with mysql-provided example
configuration and tune them futher fopr your system. Also setting
indexes on index_search tables may help a lot.

> - Indexed Search & alternatives:
>     Does/Did anybody have a closer look in integrating alternatives to
> indexed_search into TYPO3 in the same way as indexed_search is?

Not worth because with indexed_search I can specify what to include into
index and automatically excluded content that I do not want to index.
Some external search engine allow this too but it will be difficult to
exclude USER_INT objects from index, for example.

>     We looked closer into mnogosearch; [1] Andreas Doleschal already
> implemented it in a custom way for the green-party in Austria.
>     Anybody interested in the above ?

I used a year ago in non-typo3 site, finally got rid of it due to it
high resource usage (cgi version). May be it is better now...

Dmitry.