[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.8.1 released

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Nov 14 15:21:55 CET 2005

Hi Luc,

>> Yes and it has been the same in 3.8.0. Search the archives.
>
> It is true but also bad that TYPO3 3.8.x is shipped with such a old
> tt_news.
>
> I agree with Michael to not change anything for now. What will be with
> TYPO3 4.0? There are some other outdatet extensions in the distribution.

Did you notice that the version number changed from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1? I'm
quite sure you know what this means concerning new features and so.

Of course we are looking for improvements in 4.0. This is yet to be
discussed but like you, I'm also in favour of using the upstream version of
tt_news.

>> And now I've deleted it. Please be sure you know what you're doing before
>> you edit such pages! I just asked the Wiki admin if I can protect it for
>> further editing.
>
> I do not agree, people should be aware that a old version is beeing
> installed. New Installations should delete tt_news and install the
> newest one from TER.

See my reply to Michiel. It was his fault that this could ever happen. If he
makes a change to the 3.8.0 source, then it is quite obvious that he will
need to repeat this change after upgrading to 3.8.1.

> And having a wiki write protected is also a bad idea. Just my 0.02

Sorry for the confusion! Next time I'll create a typo3.org page for this, so
nobody will even think about changing this content.

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out