[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 3.8.1 released

Luc de Louw luc.delouw at bit-heads.ch
Mon Nov 14 14:43:23 CET 2005

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Michiel Roos wrote:
>
>> TYPO3 3.8.1 appears to ship with tt_news version 1.0.4.
>>
>> Is this done on purpose?
>
> Yes and it has been the same in 3.8.0. Search the archives.

It is true but also bad that TYPO3 3.8.x is shipped with such a old tt_news.

I agree with Michael to not change anything for now. What will be with
TYPO3 4.0? There are some other outdatet extensions in the distribution.

>> I made and entry about this in the wiki.
>
> And now I've deleted it. Please be sure you know what you're doing before
> you edit such pages! I just asked the Wiki admin if I can protect it for
> further editing.

I do not agree, people should be aware that a old version is beeing
installed. New Installations should delete tt_news and install the
newest one from TER.

And having a wiki write protected is also a bad idea. Just my 0.02

rgds

Luc