[Typo3-dev] indexed_search - Performance Issue Questions

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Mon Nov 14 14:03:14 CET 2005

Hi Georg and Christoph,

> - No simple way to really block indexing of access-restricted pages (so
> not even page titles are shown if not logged in)

Sounds like something that should not be too hard to implement for an access
restricted page!

> - on some sites, indexing just doesn't work (for no apparent reason like
> the usual "no_cache" problems...)

If you use the Admin panel with the TypoScript part open you will see the
reasons for not indexing is shown. There are always a reason.

> mnoGoSearch or DataParkSearch (mnoGo fork) seem to be the only OS
> search/indexing engines that are capable of indexing UTF-8 content,
> ht:dig fails because of this.

Indexed Search is completely UTF-8 compliant.

If the two reasons above is why you want another engine I think its not the
best arguments. Personally, I would rather like to see someone work actively
on tuning indexed search's performance.

- kasper