[Typo3-dev] crop whole words and utf-8

Toni Milovan tmilovan at efpu.hr
Fri Nov 11 12:45:42 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm posting this here after discussion on typo3 userlist:

I'm trying to force crop function to preserve whole words but no matter
how do I put it it breaks the words. Eg.:

plugin.tt_news.displayList.subheader_stdWrap.crop = 80 | ... | 0

or

plugin.tt_news.displayList.subheader_stdWrap.crop = 80 | ... | 1

... the resulting crop is always the same.

Now, Im using the utf-8 charset and after discussion on typo userlist we
concluded that problem is probably in utf-8 being multibyte enconding.

I'm interested (if that is the case) has this problem been solved in
development versions and is that problem solveable at all?

Thanks

Toni