[Typo3-dev] Workspace Beta 1

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Nov 11 09:22:05 CET 2005

Kasper Skårhøj schrieb:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Thanks for keeping the guessing game up :-)
>
> I can confirm that you are right; With "Page" type versions the ids will
> change, references can be lost etc. This is no different from how I
> documented it and it is by design. Also: It is nothing to do with
> workspaces, this is how the versioning API has been doing it for more than
> a year. I have been thinking about the mapping mechanism you are talking
> about, it might be possible to do.
>
> However, you have completely missed the fact that "Element" type versions
> where no child-elements are involved is the most common type which is used
> by default and this type has no destructive influence at all on ids! So you
> distort the discussion if you focus too much on this.

Thanks for your long answer as I have to admit I jumped in the
discussion without having been able to test the new workspace. It's on
my schedule for next week.

 From your statment I make the following RFE (if it's not possible already):

Possibility to permit only specific version options, ie "Element" or
"Page" only. Background: the edge case of lost element references may
confuse users, so it must be able to disable it.

Masi