[Typo3-dev] PHP-170 - anyone from typo3 is working on it?

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Nov 9 15:24:14 CET 2005

Hi Olivier!

Thanks for the response!

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> do you think it would worthfull to start a development project for this?

Well, I hope not in the core and not for typo3 internal usage. I afraid
one extra layer will slow down typo3 even more. Each version of typo3
gets more and more new features and most of them do not speed up typo3
at all. I do not think new absraction layer should be introduced unless
it gives obvious and important benefits. It would be good to have such
standard API for external access to the system data but there should be
clients as well to make this API usefull.

* * *

I just wanted to verify that I was provided with correct information
about "typo3 is supporting development of php-170". Seems like it is not
fully correct.

Dmitry.