[Typo3-dev] Workspace Beta 1

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Tue Nov 8 18:54:37 CET 2005

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

> [2] http://130.228.0.33/t3dl/src/workspaces_beta_release.pdf

 From the PDF:

Versionning type PAGE:
"Furthermore, the process of versioning is necessary only one time for
the page and not for each element on it that is changed. The downside to
this method is that more content than necessary is copied and when the
page versions are swapped, the new content elements on the page will
have different UIDs than the former (breaking all links with anchors or
“Insert Record”/TemplaVoila references to content elements on the former
page )."

Maybe I don't understand (or don't want to face it...) but this mean to
me that Workspace are almost of no use because there's too much danger
of losing links and "insert Record" relations.

Please, tell me I'm wrong.

Patrick