[Typo3-dev] Workspaces Beta Test

Bas v.d. Wiel bas at extranet.kompas-media.nl
Fri Nov 4 20:59:02 CET 2005

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>I have promised a few people that today there would be a beta test on
>workspaces available from CVS. Well, I still have like 5 features and some
>TemplaVoila integration to do but - boy - it already rocks! Today I
>actually sat down, created a full website with page structure, template
>record, dummy content in "draft mode" - meaning that nothing of it was
>"public" before I finally pushed the publish button. It worked beyond my
>wildest imagination - or well, it worked as it should in the final
>release :-)
>
>Monday, I will publish a document describing what workspaces is technically,
>how it works, how you make your extensions compliant with it etc. along
>with the final invitation to help me test it. For early birds you are
>welcome to test in the weekend.

Hi Kasper,
Congratulations on yet another addition to TYPO3! Even though I have no
idea what Workspaces is, I've heard the name mentioned a couple of times
and what I heard sounded promising. I'd be happy to test and will surely
be keeping a close eye on CVS this weekend! Is there any kind of
document available somewhere that actually describes what Workspaces is
all about though?

Regards,

Bas