[Typo3-dev] The Right Crew

Matteo Anceschi manceschi at arscolor.com
Wed Nov 2 14:11:37 CET 2005

Hi Peter,

Il 31/10/05 17.28, Peter Kindström ha scritto:

> BTW I have stopped "maintaining" the wiki. I think Alex (working
> with the US project) is looking for someone to take over.

I don't know who's now heading the project, but I'm doing a spam removal
on all wiki pages (one by one..long but necessary, I think)..see [1]

> And yes, the Typo3 wiki can handle multiple languages. But here
> we have another thing about leadership:
>
> I wanted to focus on the english documentsm, since I think they
> have to be improved. But most volunteers just want to translate
> documents into their native languages. Nothing bad with that,
> but if we do not have enought manpower, what should we give
> priority to? (I.e. which is the main goal for the docTeam?)
>
> Now to my point: Who in the community should decide that?
>
> Noone seems to be interested in that - IMO important - question.
> And as long as we don´t know that, it is up to each individual
> what to put effort in - and the docTeam has no helm!
>
> This is an good example about what I called "guidelines". Maybe
> goals and rules are more accurate words - but people usually
> don´t like them.  :-)

I completely agree: first, have good english documentation. Then,
someone could translate it.
My experience on wikipedia says clearly that there's _always_ someone
who can translate something, so we may do it later. Absolutely we have
to organize the wiki and write in English before translating.
But I agree: who in the community decide that? :)

> /Peter Kindström
> PS. Now it seems like the US project is spellchecking most
> english documents - and change them to US spelling. That is a
> decision of their own, but should have been another rule taken
> by some leader - US or UK spelling?

Absolutely UK spelling: why we have tu prefer US spelling over a
worldwide-spelling? (or I'm wrong?)

Hi,
Matteo

[1]http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=Ancem