[Typo3-dev] RealURL 1.0.0 : Problem using the variable postVarSet_failureMode.

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Tue Nov 1 14:42:20 CET 2005

Hey Kasper,

Sorry I didn't respond to you yet. yes, this is a fine place to post it. Of
course you can also (as you did) post the author (me in this case)
directly.

The problem you mention is (as usual I feel like saying :-) not a problem of
realurl but how TYPO3 deals with IDs. For instance if you try to access a
page with "index.php?id=123" and that page is hidden the DEFAULT behaviour
for TYPO3 is to display the parent page and traverse up the tree until a
displayable page is found.

All realurl does is to translate "/contact/about/" into "index.php?id=123"
for instance and then it is up to the system to work on that.

I think you can solve the problem by setting "pageNotFound" settings in
TYPO3_CONF_VARS - AFAIR I implemented a way to strictly enforce a 404 when
a hidden page is requested instead of defaulting to th eparent.

- kasper

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/realurl/Configuration-fce13303eb/#oodoc_part_6590

--
Kasper Skårhøj