[Typo3-dev] RealURL 1.0.0 : Problem using the variable postVarSet_failureMode.

Kasper Ligaard Nielsen ligaard at daimi.au.dk
Tue Nov 1 14:25:45 CET 2005

Hi,

RealURL 1.0.0 was recently released and solved several problems; among
those solved was that using the variable postVarSet_failureMode (see
[1]) did not work: Instead of giving a 404-errorpage, RealURL acted as
if the aforementioned variabele was set to the value redirect_goodUpperDir.
Despite the above I have stumbled upon a subtle error in RealURL 1.0.0:
If a page already exists, but is hidden, then RealURL wrongly acts as if
postVarSet_failureMode was set to goodUpperDir. Can anyone else confirm
this error?

Steps to reproduce the error:
1) RealURL 1.0.0 is installed and configured with postVarSet_failureMode
=   (nothing/blank)

2) Create a page and hide it.

3) Enter the RealURL of the page to show the page and it will be shown
(because you are logged into the backend)

4) Open another browser (or logout of Typo3). Try once more to view the
page using its RealURL: You get an error-page (which is correct behaviour).

5) Login and Un-hide the page and once more try to access it thru its
RealURL; the page will be shown. (The RealURL is now written to the
path-cache).

6) Logout of T3 and access the page via its RealURL and the page will be
shown.

7) Login in and Hide the Page again.

8) Logout and access the page: You will wrongly be presented with the
webpage corresponding to having set postVarSet_failureMode =
goodUpperDir , which was what we *did not do* in step 1

If anybody else confirms this bug, where should I file it? I can not
find RealURL in the bug-tracker.

PS: Is this the right place to report this? Should I post it somewhere
else..?

regards, Kasper

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/realurl/Configuration-fce13303eb/#oodoc_part_6590