[Typo3-dev] Multilanguage extension

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Mon May 30 12:45:16 CEST 2005

Hey Masi,

> Like you I like the data separated. Haveing original records (def.
> lang,) and trasnlations in one table is a mess. At least in certain
> situations. Probably both approaches have their merits.

What I ended up doing, was to make both of my tables localized the TYPO3
way. My problem was the mm-relation from the main table to the category
table. I have not found any other extension handling this "correct".

I adjusted the foreign_table_where select query by adding the
sys_language_uid = 0 like this:
"foreign_table_where" => "AND tx_myextension_groups.sys_language_uid = 0
ORDER BY tx_myextension_groups.uid",

That way I didn't get both the original and the translated groups in the
select for the user to screw up the relations ;)

When localizing a product, this would become copied and the relation to the
group would stay with the original group with sys_language_uid = 0.

In the frontend I made a little statement testing if sys_language_uid was
other than 0, if so, then the record should be selected on the l18n_parent
instead of the uid. This way my frontend shows the records in the correct
sys_overlay, but all records are binded to the original record.

I still have some concerns on localizing, but for this part, I think I have
solved it the best way possible, with the current localization features of
TYPO3.

Maybe a discussion on localization would be nice, so that 3.9 would have the
perfect way of controlling this.

Regards,

Lars Houmark