[Typo3-dev] Multilanguage extension

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker at no5pam.blackbox.net
Mon May 30 09:21:11 CEST 2005

"Lars Houmark" <lars at houmark.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1117304074.15951.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

> But it's not all good. When the list with the relation table is shown
> adding/editing a product record, all versions of the categories is shown.
> Now, I tried numerous of ways to find a way to only show either the
> default language or the language for the belonging record, but I have not
> yet found a solution.

I did for a "catalog" the same like it's done for pages. I have two tables:
one for the default language and one for the alternate languages. So in zhe
BE I see only the default languages.

The major problem is that in the TCA I cannot configure the
"back-reference". I mean I can tell TYPO3 that table X is a translation of
table Y, but I have no way to tell TYPO3 that table Y is translated *by*
table X. I think this is needed so that BE features like localization view
and "translate this record" may work on arbitrary setup.

Like you I like the data separated. Haveing original records (def. lang,)
and trasnlations in one table is a mess. At least in certain situations.
Probably both approaches have their merits.

Masi