[Typo3-dev] Looking for (study-) project

matthi matthibcn at gmail.com
Sun May 22 01:04:04 CEST 2005

Daniel Brüßler wrote:

> About 98% of the home-clients have the FLASH-plug.

True,that is why I have nearly finished a 100% Flash-FE
> Maybe you know MING, what renders PHP-code to the flash-format.
>
> I think nobody would need a Flash-powered Backend
True, as there is 2 much businesslogic to take care about
> - but some nice
> frontend-effects would be superfine. I think that would be a realistic
> start for Typo3.

Here Ihave to say: Wrong, IMHO you haven´t understand Flash

Flash is much more than a effectgenerating software, in fact I don´t
know which effects you are talking about, there is no such thing like an
effect if we talk about effetcs you can get using AE, Combustion or any
3d-software

When I am talkingabout Flash as FE I am thinking in the RIA term of MM,
that is anything but offering "effects"
> Ming is a C library for generating SWF ("Flash") format movies. I found
> a wiki for Ming. http://www.opaque.net/wiki/index.php?Ming
>
> => So it would be interesting if somebody started a RichClient-project
> for PHP what is based on MING.

I know about ming in the way I know it exists, but as far as I know for
building RIAs it is not the right "tool" (if we can call that a
"tool"),well better just not the way to go

And if you want a FlashFE, go ahead an build one, there is no way to
make a general all the needs fitting way to provide such thing, and by
the way, you just need the DB feeded by TYPO3, the FE output is
generated using AS,at least in my case, querying the DB directly,
anything else, like having Flash working with XML output from TYPO3 is
just to slow compared with FlashRemoting

IMHO, talking about RCs or RIAs you can use TYPO3 for managing your
content, that is ,contentmanagement, but IMHO why should it take care
about the FlashFE generation , will you manage your content or are you
looking for an anyformatFEgenerator ?

And by the way ?

Does it generate the html/xhtml for you ?

There are some templates in, sure, anything else has to be done by
you,writing your very own html/xhtml file

SO having this offer of x times ~170hrs I wouldnt waste it for anything
else but really TYPO3 related stuff, and the last thing we need at the
point beeing are "effects"

just my 2 cents

matthias