[Typo3-dev] pi_getLL & UTF8 & locallang

Wed May 18 17:31:16 CEST 2005

Hi oliver,

> Ingo Schmitt wrote:
>
>>Hi folks,
>>
>>we are struggling with the conversion of UTF-8 characters during the
>>pibase->pi_getLL method.
>>Our locallang.php file is UTF-8 encoded and contains UTF-8 characters,
>>after generating the content output we don’t have the UTF-8 encoded
>>characters anymore, instead we have double encoded characters.
>>We are running on 3.7.0.
>

> hi ingo.
>
> this is a known problem in mixed charset enviroments.
> we had this problem with some asian languages lately.

We have a complete pure UTF-8 server. So does mixed-mode mean, switching
between encodings or does ist mean mixed languages?

> workaround (this will save you workdays!)
>
> define the locallang values in typo3script in the db...
> not nice but ok.

ill keep that in mind, if we don't find a solution.

It's quite funny, it is only one extension with this problem ..

> olivier
>
> ps: this is worth a case of beer :-)

Indeed. Come along to Duesseldorf, we'll have an "Altbier", or two, or
three :-)

ingo

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung