[Typo3-dev] Problem with ä, ö etc. scandinavian characters

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri May 13 11:17:47 CEST 2005

> it is a no no to post one question to several list. just like walking over
> the highway :-)

sorry - I have put it into three list

> concerning your question: are you sure that on your server the
>
> a) locale for your language is installed
Under Typo3 folders or to the core folders of the Apache server?

I have no right to the server except upload files to certain folders and
set for the permissions.
The only way to configure the server is to use .htaccess-files
I can't configure at all apache.

> b) the font you are using supports your chars

Yes it works with & + # ASCII +; ASCII = ASCII-number like '238'

> c) your backend is set to uft8

in localconf.php?
#$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = "utf-8";

I tried that but it caused more problems - ?-characters if I wrote ä
etc. I couldn't use it.

This and server problems caused me to think altering the core file.