[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 and XHTML

Sebastian Roth sebastian.roth at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:58:44 CEST 2005

Good evening,

On 5/11/05, Sven Wilhelm <wilhelm at icecrash.com> wrote:
> Full ack. But who says that a validation has to be executed *each* time?
> Do you generate the output *each* time a page will be requested???

No, caching will be applied. But what about the modules where caching
is disabled?

> I don't know why so many people think that in black and white?
> I'm writing on a form solution like HTML_QuickForm and YES I have a
> class for each element.
> Why? Because it's clear and it's flexible. On that way I can use the
> solution in many cases. I don't write code *for* TYPO3, but I like to
> code in a way to be able to use my solution when embedding in TYPO3.

Sounds nice. This reminds me of several other projects using this.
Like patForms / fiforms. I just noticed your last mail, so i would
answer there :)

> There are so many cases of good solution out there. Did anyone looked at
> design patterns anytime when implementing solutions?

For sure, but it isn't so easy imho when it comes to the aspect of
combing objects. For example, a html document combines many elements
and they operate together. Making those relatively small elements a
single object each time depends also on some kind of manager which
handles those imho.

> A last word on performance. Holding data when not necessary is also
> overhead and to reject clean solutions _because they have possible
> overhead_ is not a good way.

Sure, this is why we are discussing it. :) Each solution has benefits
and restrictions which is very intersting.

> At least the interpreter and things like turck cache has to do the
> performance job if your code is good.

Please define 'good code' when it needs external tools to be high-performance.
I don't know the main aspects / backgrounds of those `post-compilers`,
what's the main point?

seb.