[Typo3-dev] TYPO3 and XHTML

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Wed May 11 15:15:27 CEST 2005

> To do that, you need to fetch the entire document structure and
> validate your part of it against its position inside.
> "
> % wc -l /usr/share/xml/xhtml/schema/dtd/1.0/xhtml1-strict.dtd
> 978 /usr/share/xml/xhtml/schema/dtd/1.0/xhtml1-strict.dtd
> "
> I'll be definitely slow when doing the validation for each element.
> Doing it for the entire document sounds better, but is already done by
> tidy.
Full ack. But who says that a validation has to be executed *each* time?
Do you generate the output *each* time a page will be requested???

I don't know why so many people think that in black and white?
I'm writing on a form solution like HTML_QuickForm and YES I have a
class for each element.
Why? Because it's clear and it's flexible. On that way I can use the
solution in many cases. I don't write code *for* TYPO3, but I like to
code in a way to be able to use my solution when embedding in TYPO3.

There are so many cases of good solution out there. Did anyone looked at
design patterns anytime when implementing solutions?

A last word on performance. Holding data when not necessary is also
overhead and to reject clean solutions _because they have possible
overhead_ is not a good way.

At least the interpreter and things like turck cache has to do the
performance job if your code is good.

Cheers