[Typo3-dev] Hook Bug or Feature? [TCEMAIN]

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Tue May 10 22:02:57 CEST 2005

Hi Mattes

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] wrote:

> there is a hook in tcemain on line 479 with a line like this:
> if (method_exists($hookObj,
> 'processDatamap_preProcessIncomingFieldArray')) {
>
> $hookObj->processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray($incomingFieldArray,
> $table, $id, $this);
> }
>
> I might have misunderstood the concept of hooks but why is the method
> check looking for another function name than the actual function that is
> being called within the hook?
>
> Bug?
> Feature?

it's a bug. In 3.8.0 the existence of method
"processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray" is checked and then this method is
called.
so just place a dummy function called
"processDatamap_preProcessIncomingFieldArray" which contains nothing in the
class and put your code to function "processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray"

that will also work in 3.8.0

greets
rupi