[Typo3-dev] quoting SQL-identifiers

Rainer Kuhn kuhn at punkt.de
Mon May 9 12:19:08 CEST 2005

Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
> Ok. The we'll think about a clean way to make quoting available in the API.
> But if you connect to another database, you might be using DBAL anyway,
> then this isn't an issue.
>
> Is the external DB a MySQL server in your case?

Yes, it is a MySQL database in my concrete case. But the enterprise resource
planning software I have to use also supports MS SQL Server, so later on my
extension should support this DBMS, too.

> How do you connect?

At the moment I use the MySQL wrapper functions in class.t3lib_db.php to
connect/select the additional MySQL database, but I'm not sure if this is
the right way to do. This is what I asked in another thread a few days later
(see http://tinyurl.com/7h7op; the example in Ries van Twisk's answer was
taken from his own ADOdb code as he told me later)...

Rainer