[Typo3-dev] quoting SQL-identifiers

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sun May 8 18:52:24 CEST 2005

Hi.

Rainer Kuhn wrote:
> So I do not have any influence on the field names, but I have to handle
> the existing names (including the reserved word MATCH) in the SQL
> statements of my extension. Therefore some kind of DBAL abstraction is
> needed; having this done automagically IMO would be best and safest.

Ok. The we'll think about a clean way to make quoting available in the API.
But if you connect to another database, you might be using DBAL anyway,
then this isn't an issue.

Is the external DB a MySQL server in your case? How do you connect?

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member