[Typo3-dev] session data persistence weirdness - feedback please!

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Thu Jun 30 21:37:13 CEST 2005

Hi everyone.

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> "Karsten Dambekalns" <karsten at typo3.org> wrote
>
>> A FE user logs in, I set some session data that get's saved in
>> fe_sesson_data. Now the user logs out, another FE user logs in (same
>> browser, same machine, a second later).
>>
>> This new user has the same session data as the one that just logged out.
>> So
>> logoff() deletes the data from fe_sessions, but fe_session_data is only
>> cleaned with a 1% chance, not during logoff.
>>
> No, it is a bug. Seems session data are rarely used so we have only little
> complaints.

Now that I think of it, maybe it is only half a bug.

There may be cases when a FE session with some data associated needs to
survive login/logout of a FE user. In that case the current behaviour would
be the correct one.

Using the dreaded example of the shopping basket, this obviously can be
filled without a valid FE login. But one would most probably want to empty
the basket when logging out.

If we "fix" the behaviour the way I expected it, could this break existing
code? Should another session type be added (ses, user, *userses*)?

Comments, please.

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns