[Typo3-dev] Creating BE-groups in other pages?

"Stig N. Færch" stig at 8620.dk
Sun Jun 26 17:05:44 CEST 2005

>> What is the long answer then? ;-)
>

> No, because BE Users belong to the install of TYPO3, not to pages within
> it.
> You CAN change the PID - but not by default, since this is a flaw within
> TYPO3s BE concept (or a feature, whatever you like best)
> It would not help because Users stored in pagetree 123 could have access
> to pagetree 234 which has nothing to do with pagetree 123.
> Why do you want to do this anyways?

Finally the news-server is up again!

No, I understand this would brack how the BE user/group is thought.
Anyway, the reason I wanted to do this is that we have a Typo3
installation with many many Typo3-sites. The problem is that we also
have many many BE usergroups, and it seems very cluttered when you see
the list view on root.
Also we are thinking about using the roles-extension, - but this
requires to create many more BE usergroups (roles), so it will be even
more cluttered and harder to get a good overview.
If it was possible to sort BE-usergroups in folders it would be easier
to maintain the good overview.

/Stig