[Typo3-dev] Missing access control from individual content elements - missing CORE feature!

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Jun 24 19:31:39 CEST 2005

Hi all

My partnerst have been demanended me to build
the missing core feature - access control for individual content
element.

Typo3 has not well enough access control.
It would be important that individual content elements coud be marked
with a checkbox

  'Avoid editing from non-admin users'

In priciple the same functionality as the whole page has.

I tried to make a plugin for this but this is a core feature.

It needs TCA setting for ALL content elements
Whole processing of pages needs changes.
If ONE element has access control the page should not be able to delete
from the side of non-admin users.

Why

Simple.
Some page has for examle  ordinary text content element and other
content types.
If someone can't set certain element type, he can however change it into
incorrect type or delete. ALL kinds of changes should have access denied
if the user is not an admin user.