[Typo3-dev] tt_guest and tt_board for css_styled_content (mistake in subject corrected :-))

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Thu Jun 23 09:22:14 CEST 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:12:00 +0200
Michael Scharkow <mscharkow at gmx.net> wrote:

> Christian Lerrahn wrote:
> > Hi,
> > as I find it quite annoying that plugins like tt_guest and tt_news won't
> > work together with css_styled_content, I'd be willing to work on these
> > plugins and change that. However, I have experimented a bit about writing
> > my own plugins but haven't got too far, yet. I'm an experienced PHP
> > programmer but many of the Typo3 concepts are still unclear to me. What
> > should I read in order to be able to adapt tt_guest and tt_board in a way
> > that one can use them with css_styled_content, too?
>
> You should be careful with your subject and say tt_board (and not
> tt_news) if you mean it ;)

I'm sorry about that (especially if Rupi should have read that ;-)).

> And concerning your question: Both tt_guest
> and tt_board are not maintained anymore, they use obsolete concepts and
> more importantly: there are modern alternatives. Why should you bother
> with them?

I'm wondering if they are still part of the Typo3 source then? I have
searched for other guestbooks for example in TER but what I've found
seemed much more complex to me than tt_guest. However, I'll check out the
other extensions available. Thanks for the reply.

Christian

--
    Bringt die Zehnten in voller Höhe und prüft mich hiermit, spricht
    der Herr Zebaot, ob ich euch dann nicht des Himmels Fenster  auf-

    Maleachi 3,10