[Typo3-dev] Laout of TV

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Jun 20 12:06:17 CEST 2005

Robert Lemke wrote:
> Hello Tapio,
>
> you just wrote me an email with a quite annoying subject, shouting at me. As
> I wrote you, I won't answer such emails and I therefore won't answer your
> emails in all the threads you started here.
>
> Please calm down, be polite and think before you write.
>
> tapio wrote:

But you seems not understand the importance of skinning.

I put now the most irrititating source code, which I found from
typo3conf/ext/templavoila/mod1/index.php (the source for the browser

This is for the header of the content are and table for it:

					<tbody><tr><td style="background-color: rgb(146, 170, 139);
padding-top: 0pt; padding-bottom: 0pt;" valign="top" width="50%">Sivun
pääsisältöalue (Main Content Area)</td>

It would be very important to get this controlled by the CSS file for
the skin, when it the layout of Typo3 would be consistent.

Why the important table doesn't have a class.
Header cells are important at the sight of layout - why
they don't have classes. At least using '!important' it would be
easy to override properties, which have been defined with style attributes.

I have modified skincrystal, which I control the layout using a CSS-
file - but without remarkable changes TemplaVoila is out of the control
of the CSS-file for the skin. Really annoying.

I didn't find the table and the cells in order to add classes and
delete style propeties. It is quite much trouble trying to alter the
PHP-code of typo3conf/ext/templavoila/mod1/index.php in order to get
skinning to work.

Why you can't really try to biginning to think
about skinning.
You might be satisfied to the ugly default skin and
you are not interesting to think about developing Typo better support
skinning. But you should think more people, who want to control the
layout of Typo3 by using skins.