[Typo3-dev] Shared contents and several content area templates with TemplaVoila?

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sun Jun 19 10:54:38 CEST 2005

>>Proper solution for shared content - all you proposals were bad!

> This is semi-ridiculous. How did you do it using 'mtb'?

1) I installed zed_more_columns I modified it to support needed columns
(I added to it multilanguage support by adding 'locallang_db.php' for
'ext_tables.php').

2) I added 'pidSharedContent = 9999' to contans.txt for CSS Styled
Contents in order to get it support an extra contstant

3) I added following to setup.txt for CSS Styled Contents (I defined
altogether ten columns - below is as example just two)

# get content, header
styles.content.getHeader < styles.content.get
styles.content.getHeader.select.where = colPos=4

# get content, footer
styles.content.getFooter < styles.content.get
styles.content.getFooter.select.where = colPos=5

# Initialise the Shared Content - start

styles.content.getShared < styles.content.get
styles.content.getShared.select {
    pidInList = {$pidSharedContent}
}

styles.content.getHeaderShared < styles.content.getHeader
styles.content.getHeaderShared.select {
     pidInList = {$pidSharedContent}
}

styles.content.getFooterShared < styles.content.getFooter
styles.content.getFooterShared.select {
     pidInList = {$pidSharedContent}
}

Shared footer, header and border are in the MAIN table.
Shared left, right and normal are in content area tables.

All shared contents comes from ONE page - easy to update shared contents.

> did it, you can probably do it almost the same way. Incidentally, my
> solutions 2 AND 4 should both be workable even if you don't know the
> uids of the content elements. Read over the documentation for 'select'
> in the TSref [1].

> There is an annotated solution on that page that's based on colpos,
> but is otherwise almost what you are asking for. It should be simple
> enough to alter so that the CONTENT object selects all objects on a
> single page; you just create a single page for 'global' content
> elements

the selection should be base on colpos - each shared content gets
contents from ONE column - using several pages in this purpose is not
handy even if I would write 'Shared contents for Left' etc.

> [For the sake of this example, I assume the page layout has three
> visible columns:
>
> a) menu
> b) content
> c) 'shared content',

> ...and that you would like to have two different sets of shared
> content available]

Well shared contens almost foll all content areas.

> 1. Create a FCE with FOUR columns in the DS
> 2. Put a TS object in column (a) for the menu

i did corresponding content areas for a template

> 3. Set up column (b) so that it can contain content elements

I did corresponding content area for a template

> 4. Call a TS object from each of the remaining two columns, but
> provide a different value for the page id in the select function

fixed page id here seems reasonable

> 5. Create a TO that only includes columns (a), (b), and (c)
> 6. Create a TO that only includes columns (a), (b), and (d)

Do you mean raelly TO and not DS?
I did two different DS, which other has one content and the another
three content areas.
I made for the same DS two TO, but for the other I didn't mapped all
content area fields.
DS reveled however for the user all three content areas.
One DS with two TO didn't work in this soluton.
I must made another DS in order to get visible just one content area.
I made for that new T0.

> By basing these two FCEs on the same TO

or do you mean DS?

 >, your main content will be
> unaffected if you switch the from one FCE to the other. At the same
> time, your 'shared content' column will change when you switch the
> FCE.

in general shared content should be always visible but in some case it
is reasonable to swich selecting alternative DS/TO.

> content elements is too difficult for end users.

maybe - I must compare TV and MTB primary at the sight of end users