[Typo3-dev] Shared contents and several content area templates with TemplaVoila?

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sun Jun 19 10:02:21 CEST 2005

> 2. Calling a TS content object from inside an (or every) FCE

FCE - Flexible content element? This doesn't work because you must do
this in every page. The same problem as using 'Insert record'

> 3. Calling a specific content element (probably stored in a sysfolder)
> from a FCE with TS.

I wrote last time

"Doesnt' work - you can't know what it the content element. Custormer
hasthe possibility to delete content elements. "

Well if I would use 'sr_include_pages' that content element gets all
content elements from a certain column. The all changes by the customer
takes effect. A little bit complex.

> 4. Calling a TS content object from inside a TV page template

I don't know how to do this. Again if I would use 'sr_include_pages'
that content element gets all content elements from a certain column
this might work.

Well it might be possible to use shared content with TV if shared
content has been defined in some page into some column like using in one
page the older page module. That might be a way to combine TV and MTB.
Shared content should be in ONE page for SEVERAL content areas - that's
why TV page module doesn't work because it puts all contents to the col '0'.

A little bit complex. Using shared contents is VERY easy with MTB.

> 5. Calling a specific content element from inside a TV page template with TS.

I don't know how to do this - I have used TS for creating some
HTML-element and subparts - newer in this task. Might work using
'sr_include_pages'.

> If you want editors to be able to edit e.g. header and footer content,
> you'd go for 3 or 5.

That might solve this problem at least partial. Endeed I have used
shared contents also for content area templates.
Maybe I can use in TV shared content also in other places like I have
used in MTB.

At least using shared content with TV is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT than using MTB.
And disadvantage is that at least one page needs the normal page module
- using of two different page module is necessary - and harmful.
NOT bad if just ONE person in a company needs to use two page modules.
Well I would be nice if this matter would be solved some better way