[Typo3-dev] Help needed with Backend-Programming for Book Database

Mario Birkigt mario at mario-birkigt.de
Wed Jun 8 18:40:26 CEST 2005

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb>] schrieb:
> Mario Birkigt wrote:
>
>> you're right, except that i retrieve the html-page from amazon and
>> parse it with regular expressions.
>

> I strongly suggest you use the free XML services by amazon.
> Simply open up a bookshop at amazon and you will be able to get XML
> envelopes from amazon - much easier to parse (t3lib_div::xml2array) and
> much less hassle.

The Book Database is not intended to be used for a book shop. I think i
looked at the XML services earlier and they wrote something about a fee
for the use of this services, that they could want in the future.
Perhaps this has changed.
>> Ok, now i know, that i'm on the right way. I haven't figured out yet,
>> how to interact with the tceform, how to start the needed action and
>> how to fill in the values. Perhaps i'm too dumb for it.
>

> Take a look at the colorpicker wizard (search for
> wizard_colorpicker.php, not sure about the path).
> This will work

Thank you for this hint. I will take a look at the sourcecode of this
wizard.

Greetings from Leipzig

Mario