[Typo3-dev] Adding fields to the "New Website user" dialog.

Sacha Vorbeck sachav at gmx.net
Tue Jun 7 19:42:32 CEST 2005

Hi,

> You can do that in the kickstarter when you create the new field for your
> database.
> (And hopefully you did it this way and did not simply insert a new field via
> phpmyamdin or so)
> There you can choose which type of field you need in the DB and how it
> should be shown and evaluated in the BE forms.

yep this works. But maybe there`s a more easy way:
Having used sr_feuser_registration the last days, I`m pretty sure that
this very nice extension includes such a select box. I guess it was
labeled occupation and the entries were "student, retired" etc. but you
can change that easily to suit your needs.

It also features a little tut for adding custom fields to fe_users:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/sr_feuser_register/Tutorial_Adding_fie-1/

--
hth,
  Sacha