[Typo3-dev] Adding fields to the "New Website user" dialog.

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jun 7 18:41:43 CEST 2005

> So I want an extra field in the part of the BE used to create/edit FE
> users (see this image for the dialog if it's still unclear:
> http://80.203.170.54/~arne/fe-user-create.png) which would be a small
> <select> dropdown that let the user select between the three
> usertypes. I'm looking for a way to let the existing BE script be
> notified that there's an extra field in the fe_users table and how
> I'd like it to be handled (name of the field in the DB and <select>
> box for user input).

You can do that in the kickstarter when you create the new field for your
database.
(And hopefully you did it this way and did not simply insert a new field via
phpmyamdin or so)
There you can choose which type of field you need in the DB and how it
should be shown and evaluated in the BE forms.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau