[Typo3-dev] custom UID of table "pages"

Stefan Beylen intsys at swissinfo.org
Tue Jun 7 10:24:54 CEST 2005

Kraft Bernhard wrote:
> Altough it would work to set the ID of the first "category" page to
> 2000, the next to 1999 and
> counting down (so the first "real" page would start with 2001) this is
> no good solution. Why
> don't you extend the table pages by a field "is_category_page" which
> must not even be visible
> in the BE Pageheader edit form (just if you want to set the flag in the BE)

hm, ok...but i have to import more XMLs at a time. one which creates the
categories, each having his own unique ID in the XML. This could create
the pages. Then the coursedata, in the XML already having the parent-id
of the categories. It would be easy to import them as records then with
the appropriate pid of the category and no other hacks are needed to
make it work. this seems to me to be the most logical approach. all my
"regular" pages start from 10001 then...I was wrong before, the
categories of the XML range from 1000 to 9000 ;)

is that really so bad what I am doing?