[Typo3-dev] custom UID of table "pages"

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Tue Jun 7 10:10:49 CEST 2005

Stefan Beylen wrote:

> I want to "reserve" the UIDs of table "pages" from 1000 to 2000 for the
> single categories, that means each categorie should get its own page...I
> am importing those every day through an XML file that is generated by
> the server and the category IDs come from that file...thats why I need
> to use the range 1000 to 2000.

This would really be some kind of strange hack ... auto_increment columns should normally
never get set directly. Normally the auto_increment column should only appear in the "WHERE"
or "ORDER BY" or such a part of the query but not in the part which set's the values in an
INSERT or UPDATE query.

Altough it would work to set the ID of the first "category" page to 2000, the next to 1999 and
counting down (so the first "real" page would start with 2001) this is no good solution. Why
don't you extend the table pages by a field "is_category_page" which must not even be visible
in the BE Pageheader edit form (just if you want to set the flag in the BE)

this would be much cleaner.

greets,
Bernhard
--