[Typo3-dev] New skin for TYPO3

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Mon Jun 6 12:17:28 CEST 2005

media.res | alex widschwendter wrote:
> hi thomas and BE-designers,
>
> i like your skin very much in would prefer this as default for upcoming
> release, but....
>
> the problem of the T3 backend are not the colours. there are far too
> much of this tiny buttons, misplaced functions, etc.

I (Tapio Markula) agree. Especially the 'Columns' view in the 'Page'
module is messy. The SAME actions has too many buttons and there is
messy combined button sets, which releate both to generic header
information and content elements.

In my mind there should be clear toolbars

1) on the top toolbar for some basic modules + dropdown menus - edit
page header on the top DOESN'T BELONG HERE!

2) toolbar for generic page related actions without content related actions

 >it's a grown system with not much concept in my mind!?

Yes - missing concept - someone has just put action buttons to some
place without thinking thorougly, where they belong to