[Typo3-dev] Skin - comments and suggestions

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.de
Sun Jun 5 22:01:07 CEST 2005

Lasse Nørby wrote:
> I see your points, and as I said, this is a very ultra beta stage..
> As far as the colors go, i am still playing around trying to get to the
> optimal settings (at least for me) and they will probably change a lot
> during development. I'm not to keen on dark colors for a gui.

Me neither, just for the label rows in the list view and the main menu
items, like I did in my skin - doesn't matter which color.

> Icons are there to try to guide the user as to what happens when he clicks
> them, and this is very hard to do with tiny little pixel icons. Especially
> when Typo3 depends so much on it, and there are so many different functions.

I agree, 'speaking' icons are needed, but the dilemma with the crystal
icons IMO stays: They only work when used at a certain size and then
they use up a lot of space - I personally wouldn't like to waste space
especially in a list view.
And when those crytal icons are scaled down, they get blurry and hard to
identify.

> This is an ext. I've just overwritten the border img (pretty annoying!), but
> everything else is styled with css.

Ah, ok. - Didn't know it was possible to exchange the img, seems I have
overseen it when I realized the border.html is hardwired.

> Very nice initiative with the skinning API by the way!

Yes, let's get the best out of it - if you stumble over anything
annoying, drop me a list and I integrate it into my document.

Happy skinning,
Thomas