[Typo3-dev] New skin for TYPO3

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.de
Sat Jun 4 22:22:17 CEST 2005

Peter Kindström wrote:
> I'll start up my Linux KDE GUI tomorrow to see what it looks
> like there...

No need to get cynical.

Main point IMO: everything in modern UI design is damn colorful, no
light colors, this looks old-fashioned. One base color? OK, but even
that base color is always accompanied by other strong colors.

> But if you don´t like the idea of one base color, couldn´t you
> make two different color schemes? One with one base color and
> one with the three Typo3 ones? Or write in the manual how to
> easily change the colors? Please!?!

A configurable skin could be done by a new BE module or (maybe) an
extension of the user/settings, I thought about that already but wanted
to do this in a second step. This might also be a good idea for letting
people the choice to resize the page-tree frame or things like that...

bye,
Thomas