[Typo3-dev] Skin - comments and suggestions

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.de
Sat Jun 4 22:06:08 CEST 2005

Hi Lasse,

Lasse Nørby wrote:
> I'm in the very! hard process of making a skin.
> Got a long way to go, but I would like to hear some suggestions on colors -
> icons etc.

The skin looks nice, but for my personal taste it's a bit too light -
with no contrast and seperated areas the eye gets lost across the screen.
I would also scale the icons down a bit- they use up too much space, the
list view could carry more than twice as much rows. This is hard to do
with those crystal icons, which is one of the reasons I never really
liked them. I think pixelgraphics are the way to go, they can be scaled
down much further and still remain very clear and good in contrast.

Some of the details make me think this is still a Photoshop/Gimp design
and you didn't make it a skin by now? (border.html)

Your welcome to join me on the work on the skinning API and skin design,
see the thread below if interested.

bye,
Thomas