[Typo3-dev] AJAX-based Page Tree Extension

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Jun 3 19:31:28 CEST 2005

After reading a couple threads about adding AJAX capabilities to the
backend,  I decided to create a quick demo extension that uses AJAX to
update the pagetree You can find the extension at
http://webempoweredchurch.org/ajaxdemo/.

The extension is far from optimal, as it uses an XCLASS to extend the
pagetree and updates the entire table containing the pagetree, rather
than only the changed rows.  Also, Internet Explorer does not work at
the moment due to innerHTML for a table being read-only.

Despite these limitations, I think the extension does make the backend
more responsive and faster.  I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who can
  try the extension out.  The best way to see the speed improvements is
to  bring up the list view of a parent page and rearrange the children
or add subpages and watch the updates occur without a full page reload.

If there's interest, hopefully we can start looking to expand this to
other parts of the backend.

Thanks,
Jeff