[Typo3-dev] New skin for TYPO3

Thomas Murphy murphy at spreekonzept.de
Fri Jun 3 13:03:15 CEST 2005

> Well - I agree that we need something like a "modern BE look" and all the
> targets you listed are fine.
> But regarding usability you should get rid of those highly saturated colors.
> There is really no need to have the TYPO3 CI colors as table headers and it
> is hard to concentrate on the blue content section when your eyes are always
> "pulled" back to the heavy orange menu headers on the left. The blue section
> seems OK for me.

The main menu should indeed be recognized as the major starting point
for most actions in TYPO3 - it takes two clicks to get almost
everywhere, one in the main menu, one in the site tree.
IMO the way I used the colors is the best for highlighting the three
major areas.

> If this is going to be something like "TYPO3 goes WIN XP" you should
> reconsider the whole concept, since IMHO this would make things worse than
> they are now.

This is your personal opinion, but please also consider the end-user who
is used to winXP/Aqua Desktops. It has to look somehow like that, to
look familiar an appealing to end-users, otherwise IMO we lose track of
the main goal.

I respect your opinion and take it seriously, but keep in mind that we
don't redesign the backend here, the possibilities for
usability-enhancements are very limited.
Those thoughts can be raised again for the dummy-user-interface idea
presented on t3board.

bye,
Thomas