[Typo3-dev] About list policy

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jun 2 11:47:47 CEST 2005

> I understand that. Ideally it should be so. But the reality is that
> "Typo3-english" is silent and completely useless for asking about
> anything. If noone provides answers for using typo3 and solving
> possible problems, than typo3 is not going to be widely used... It
> will be a CMS for a closed group of professionals who also develop
> typo3. Is this a purpose? Hopefully not :)

Come on - could you please stop complaining and start facing the "real"
reality? At the moment we got 34633 messages in my newsreader and about
15636 threads on typo-english.
Since I don't think that many people asked their questions twice despite
some of the "oops I reloaded the form" people, we can assume that
statistically more than every second message was an answer. Including over
500 (confirmed) answers from myself. And you call that quiet and completely
useless?
BTW: None of the 34633 messages bears your name. Are you sure you have ever
been there?

This is a developer list. And I would not like to see developers sending
people to the bugtracker that might have misunderstood the way things work
in TYPO3. They should go to the english list or maybe their national list
(if there is one) and try to find out, if it's their personal problem _or_ a
bug, although programmers, that used other systems before tend to consider
anything unexpected as a bug.
A good example is Tapios "bug" with optionSplit not working. Basically this
was nothing for the dev-list and never a bug but a simple setup mistake.

And if you got a question next time - feel free to send it to the english
list. Maybe then it will be not that "quiet" anymore ;-)

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau