[Typo3-dev] Creating new page in front-end editing and TemplaVoila

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sat Jul 30 16:22:18 CEST 2005

>> see a screenshot
>> http://www.tapionet.net/examples/editIconEditHeader.jpg
>>
> That pencil is AFAIK normal T3.

I have not seen it in sites, which use MTB.
I have seen in MTB only pencil for the content elements.

> And if you mean that in such cases new content is not possible, you're
> right. But if you also enable (parts of) the admin panel, all
> possibilities of BE editing are available.

yes, I know but it would still be nice is new content elements could be
created without BE editing.

>> Belong to default TV installation and needs in the configuration
>> Enable Page Template Selector [enable.pageTemplateSelector]
>> CHECKED

> The Template Selector belongs to "normal" TV and has nothing to do with
> frontend editing, as far as I can see.

It HAS - if you don't enable it you DON'T get the content area fields,
where used content elements of the page exist. If that feature in
unchecked you gets ONLY two button sets!

> It's also possible to make a new content-part if the admin panel is
> enabled.

I have not used that - how to enable the admin panel?

> Maybe there is an other feature I don't know, but what you told me seems
> me the normal T3 tools. Not specific for TV

Why then I have not seen all of them in MTB?