[Typo3-dev] Creating new page in front-end editing and TemplaVoila

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Sat Jul 30 12:52:43 CEST 2005

>>In addition of the error message, the problem is that the page has no
>>content and you can't create a new content element for a page, which
>>don't have any content element.
>

> Sure. You did not select any DS/TO, this is why you cannot insert any
> content. This is absolutely correct.
>

>>Solution. Could there be and extension, which creates automatic one
>>content element to a new page! just 'text' to the colPos=0, where you
>>can get it to desired content area of TemplaVoila!
>

> No, this is not how TemplaVoila works..

The colPos=0 is not relevant - as default also TemplaVoila set colPos=0
even if it doesn't use that information. The relevant point is, that if
all content areas are empty you can't create any content element to the
page.

That's why

1) automatic creation of one content element - not very smart solution
but better than nothing

2) buttons to right of the content are field, which you could add a new
content element to the page

I know that I can fetch content to a page, which doesn't have any
content element from ANOTHER page BUT this is not a solution. If you
fetch often content from another page, you ase soon totally confused,
which content belong to which page!

Contents should be able to create to the new page, which doesn't have
any content element.

I would be nice, if TemplaVoila as default could have that possibility
or is there anyone, who could improve TemplaVoila in this matter?