[Typo3-dev] Creating new page in front-end editing and TemplaVoila

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Sat Jul 30 12:06:01 CEST 2005

Hi!

tapio wrote:
> Hi
>
> In principle it is possible to create new pages in front-end etiding
> using TemplaVoila, but it has some problems.

I made already many sites with it and I see only two minor problems:
- mapping is lost sometimes when document template changes (I know a
workaround)
- HTML header mapping is lost when DS/TO pair is re-saved

> If you have installed the plugin, which adds a button, 'Save and New',
> you can click that button, when you get this error message
>
>  Data Structure ERROR: No source value in fieldname "tx_templavoila_ds"

This is normal because you really do not have anything in
tx_templavoila_ds at that point.

> If you click the button another time, the page will be created.

It is created already at the first time, at least in mine typo3 3.7.0
installation.

> As default the page is hidden but you can configure the users settings
> that new pages are visible.

This has nothing to do with Templavoila. It is defined by TS setup and
same for classic page module.

> In addition of the error message, the problem is that the page has no
> content and you can't create a new content element for a page, which
> don't have any content element.

Sure. You did not select any DS/TO, this is why you cannot insert any
content. This is absolutely correct.

> Solution. Could there be and extension, which creates automatic one
> content element to a new page! just 'text' to the colPos=0, where you
> can get it to desired content area of TemplaVoila!

No, this is not how TemplaVoila works... You can have any number of
content element blocks with TemplaVoila. It is DS who defines it! Before
you can insert content, you need to have DS attached to this page that
defines how many and what content element blocks you have. Read FTB
tutorial once more, it clearly shows this.

Dmitry.