[Typo3-dev] Need hints about deep internal things...

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Jul 26 13:14:00 CEST 2005

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Probably someone from core developers can provide me with hints about:
> - how can I create new pages? Is there a function or I have to insert
> records directly to 'pages' table? I need to create these pages from the
> FE plugin if it matters

Generally new pages should be created by calling process_datamap in the
class t3lib_tcemain (which is worth checking out). That's the rawest mode
of creating any kind of record which is defined in the TCA.

If you want to create a page in the FE context, you have to take care about
access restrictions yourself. However, a small help is still there: Use the
method DBgetInsert() in tslib_cObj (usually $this->cObj->DBgetInsert) to
create the page record and you don't have to cope with the creation date
etc. at least.

> - same question but about content elements: how do I create them?

See above.

> I know your time is limited. Thus I need only hints where to look. I can
> figure out details myself.

We all have the same limited time here on earth ;-)

--
robert