[Typo3-dev] New feature for eval fields (Bug. 1266)

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Fri Jul 22 20:40:53 CEST 2005

Hello,

has anybody recognized the issue 1266 on the bugtracker?

If not, I've uploaded two patch files that adds the functionality to
evaluate a field with double values entered.

I know there was a eval routine to do this, but that method was limited
to 2 decimal places. The patch allows to evaluate a field a an unlimited
number of decimal places simply by using doubleX as evaluation code. The
x stands for the number of digits.

To evaluate an entry to 4 decimal places you have to enter "double4" at
the eval field in the TCA. (Not to forget to change the SQL statement if
it's needed.)

To be fair, I have to annotate that the patches where written by Stefan
Fink and not by me! ;-)

I hope that the patches will merged into the core so that it is part of
TYPO3 Version 4.0.

Greets and have a nice weekend,
Thomas

--