[Typo3-dev] Classes for input elements input type=submit/reset/checkbox/radio/password

tapio tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Thu Jul 14 19:32:31 CEST 2005

Christopher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 13/07/05, tapio <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>it would be nice, if <input type=... would have classes in
>>/tslib/class.tslib_content.php to get class for checkboxes, submit/reset
>>buttons and radio buttons. I added them but they could be as default -
>>it is necessary to get proper CSS-control for them
>>

> Please no. This could further clog up the source of thousands of
> existing Typo3 pages when people who're using the default static
> templates 'as is' upgrade the CSC extension.

BUT the problem is that the default form builder doesn't put any markup
for submit/reset buttons.

I MUST edit the file in order to get proper layout - without editing the
laout of forms would have been incorrect.
Wrap, which has classes, for submit/reset button would also help.

> You've added them to a template once, just save the template and reuse
> it.
 >You do know that you could also redefine every aspect of the CSC
> static template in your own extension and install it to any new site
> you build, right?

I don't use any static template and I don't like the idea making an own
extension simple that I want ordinary forms (which are easy to do with
the default form builder).

> Besides, it is NOT necessary to use classes for checkboxes to get at
> them with css:

> /* For IE; search
> http://www.google.ca/search?q=ie+%2B+css+expressions
> for more details: */
> input { width: expression(this.type=="button"? '16px' : '100px'); }

I didn't knew the way for IE - that's why I altered the source code of a
core file. A little bit complicated CSS for IE.

Or does this work:
input { width: expression((this.type=="button" || this.type=="submit" ||
this.type=="reset") ? '16px' : '100px'); }